...

5.11.07

in the Dark

The edges of the night are fuzzy.
I don't look at them to hard though. Who know's what I'd find.
It's just smart. Like not walking down that alley. From it's edge the homeless are audible. Having a quarrel. Maybe drunk? Maybe high on cough syrup.

The click of my heels keep me company. The way my scarf floats into the black make me feel light and worry free. Like I don't have a million things tugging at the daylight hours.

In the pitch of the night all the needy people fade away.

The click of my heels keep me safe. That and Orion in the sky, keeping guard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the night. It feels so peaceful to me. I used to always sneak out and take walks at like 2-3 in the morning in my neighborhood because it felt so different from during the day. Kind of hard to explain but kind of like you are in limbo. Like your moving where everyone else is frozen.